Friday, September 16, 2011

A revelation while plucking grapes ;-)

So, this morning, while plucking grapes for the kids' lunch, I had a revelation. As I was pulling grapes off of the vine, they were kind of becoming distorted and mushy! It was like they were literally cleaved together with their vine, their very source, and didn't want to come off. hehe.
Now, I'm not crazy. I know grapes don't have a will, but I DO! And I was able to relate to those grapes!
So many things can try and pull us away from our source of life. Jesus is my source, and when I stray from my source, I lose it. By 'it' I only mean----everything. Seriously, in order for me to mot turn to mush or become distorted, I need to be in Jesus ALL the time and I was thankful for the reminder!
THEN...I go to read my 'Jesus Calling' devotional a little while ago, and I was glad! The Holy Spirit is speaking to me... and I am rejoicing over that!
This is what today's devotional said,

"I designed you to live in union with Me. This union does not negate who you are; it actually makes you more fully yourself. When you try to live independently of Me, you experience emptiness and dissatisfaction. You may gain the the whole world and yet you lose everything that really counts. Find fulfillment through living close to Me, yielding to My purposes for you. Though I may lead you along paths that feel alien to you, trust that I know what I am doing. If you follow me wholeheartedly, you will discover facets of yourself that were previously hidden. I know you intimately--far better than you know yourself. In union with Me you are complete. In closesness to Me, you are transformed more and more into the one I designed you to be."

Abide in the One who made you today; the one who gives you life, for He is your source.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that Shannon! Thank you for sharing your heart with us and blogging about Gods' love for us <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Trish! <3

    ReplyDelete