Wednesday, March 26, 2014

And Now We Know His ABC's...

This is a project Christiano had to do for Tenth Grade English Class.  It is called an Alphabetical Biography. My husband found it and gave it to me for my birthday. It offered me a closer glimpse of how Christiano saw himself, and I thought you would like to get to know him a little better, also. Enjoy!

 A - Actor
Acting is a hobby that has been going on since...I would imagine the beginning of time. It is a time when you can forget about everything in the outside world and just focus on your character. The reason I love to act is because it makes me feel as though I am entertaining people, but not as Chris Barbosa, as someone totally unfamiliar to me. I enjoy acting, and I hope I can do it for a long time. 

B - Bed
I love to sleep. But, who doesn't? Sleep is something I like to do that replenishes me and makes me feel...well, awake. I would stay in bed all day if I could. 

C - Christian
Now don't look at this word and say that I am religious. I am not. Now, I could write a whole essay on this, but I am restricted to only five sentences. All I can say is that by saying that I am a Christian is not to say that I am religious, but to say that I have a relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

D - Daring
Now you could say that I'm daring. But, it may depend on your definition of what daring is. No, I will not jump off of a twenty story building for your entertainment. On the other hand, yeah, I'll ride on a roller coaster. Why, what's the worst that can happen? 

E - Exuberant 
I put this because it means to be full of joy. This is what I am for every day. I try to be as happy and as joyful as I can because I want my happiness to rub off on everyone around me. 

F - Funny 
I have been told that I'm pretty funny. Now I am not saying this to brag or to 'toot my own horn," as some may say. I am just simply stating what others have said about me. I love to make people laugh and I guess I do an okay job. 

G - Growth 
This word means a lot to me. People would probably think this refers to my height. This is obviously the most obvious outlook on things. Well that is only half of what this word means to me. The other half is that I always try to grow, or progress, in everything that I do, so that I can always get better at what I do.

H - Happy
What can I say about this? I mean...I'm happy. At least I try my best to be. 

I - Irish
This is my nationality. Well, not my only nationality, but my strongest. I am also Cape Verdean as well as a lot of other things. I was the result of a United Nations after party gone wrong. 

J - Joyful
Now, this is not the same thing as happiness. Happiness is defined as temporary while joy is permanent. Joyfulness is a heart attitude. I am a joyful person. 

K - Kind
Kindness is sometimes a hard thing to follow through on. I'm not claiming that I'm always kind to everyone at all times but it is something that I try to make a conscious effort to do. You want people to be kind to you? You need to be kind to other people. 

L - Love
What is love? Some people have trouble answering this question. I have no trouble. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done. Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices over the truth. Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always endures. I try I to love at all times. 

M - Malevolent 
No I am not really evil. I just like the word. That's really all I have to say about this one. 

N - Nintendo<3
Okay...I love Nintendo. I love the games. I love the music. I love everything. When I see the logo, I get excited. I sound like such a loser, but I don't care. I love it. 

O - Obelisk
An obelisk is a talk pillar like structure. Look at me. Do I not resemble an obelisk?

P - Playful 
There is a time for work and a time for play. Well, when is the time for work and when is the time for play? I say that it is always time for play. And even when it is time for work, you can still have fun doing it. 

Q - Quick Thinking
Some people are quick on their feet. They can think of something and just do it in .000001 second flat. See, I just think fast but I'm not too light on my feet do it's hard for me do anything fast. But, seriously my quick thinking skills help me in a lot of things. One major thing that it helps me with is my improv acting for drama. 

R - Relaxed
I try to stay as relaxed as possible. My philosophy on life is not to stress over things and just to take them as they come. Stressing out over something is only going to lower your performance. You have to be easy-going and just go with the flow. This is what I do and it helps me to enjoy life everyday. 

S - Sportcenter
Out of all these words, this one is by far the one that I have invested the most time in. I wake up and watch Sportcenter. I get home from school, Sportcenter. I go to bed, Sportcenter. I love sports and with this amazing program I can follow them all day. 

T - Talkative
Ms. Pasquarelli, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this one. I love to talk. It is one of my favorite things. No matter how hard I try, it is very hard for me to keep my mouth shut.

U - Unique
Everyone is unique. No one is created exactly the same as someone else. I try to always be my own person and not who everyone else is.

V - Veracious
Veracious means to be truthful or honest. The truth will set you free. Honesty is the best policy. There are so many things that revolve around the word truth, but the key word is integrity. You are only worth what your word is worth. 

W - Witty
This goes a little bit with quick thinking. I usually am able to think of a smart reply very quickly. Maybe I should cut down on this though. After all, it does get me into a little bit of trouble.  

X - X-iting
This was just a desperate attempt at the letter X. I couldn't really come up with anything good so I used this. I think the fact that I used this instead of some boring old word like xylophone or X-ray, makes me pretty exciting. 

Y - Young
I am 15 years old. This may seem old to some people (well to six year olds...). I realize that I have a lot more time ahead of me. In this time I will try to make the most out of everyday. 

Z - Zany
To be zany is to be comical in an extravagantly ludicrous manner. Although, this type of comedy is not my forte, I could pull it off if needed. Besides, this fits me better than all the other adjectives that start with Z. 





5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He writes like his mama. :-) I appreciate how deep & transparent Christiano is. This caused me to reflect on my own life. What a wonderful & special young man. My favorite: ''I was the result of a United Nations after party gone wrong.'' He is tooo funny! Thank you for continuing to share Christiano with all of us! Love you so much Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favorites, too, TJ! ❤

      Delete