Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas In Heaven

All day I've been wondering what you are up to. What is Christmas like in Heaven? Is it the same as every other day? Or, are you celebrating a birthday for Jesus? I just keep wondering what you are doing while we are all down here missing you. Then I came across this poem that was written by a thirteen year old boy right before he passed away...

I see the countless 
Christmas trees 
around the world below 
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular, 
please wipe away the tear 
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs 
that people hold so dear 
But the sounds of music can't compare 
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, 
the joy their voices bring, 
For it is beyond description, 
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, 
I see the pain inside your heart. 
But I am not so far away, 
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones, 
You know I hold you dear. 
And be glad I'm spending Christmas 
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, 
from my heavenly home above. 
I sent you each a memory 
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious 
than pure gold. 
was always most important 
the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, 
my Father said to do. 
I can't count the blessing or love 
has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and 
Wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas 
with Jesus Christ this year

Such beautiful and powerful words. I know in my heart that you wouldn't want me to be sad, but it's so hard because I miss you SO much. Each time I lay my head down to sleep, I ask The Lord for a dream with you in it. It is the only thing I want for Christmas, so I even tried napping today, but no dream yet. I just long to hold you and touch your face; to lay my head upon your chest. When we were flying to Florida, Brian said, 'Mom, we are closer to Christiano.' I know you are still with us, but I want to really grasp what that means. I want to feel you with me. People talk
about their loved ones sending them little signs, and I wonder if that will ever happen for me. Or, will I just have to wait until I am in Heaven to feel you? Every time I think about the last day you were home, I think about how you just kept hugging me and how you wouldn't let go. Did you know something I didn't? All I know is that I will love you forever and that you are amazing. Merry Christmas to the boy who gave me more gifts through his presence than I could ever begin to measure or count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment