Monday, July 9, 2012

Love - for His glory.

John 13:34 (MSG) Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples---when they see the love you have for each other. We are recognized as Christians by our love toward one another. Wow! Lately, love has been all tat is on my mind. Am I loving like Him? Are my actions showing love? There is such a burden on me to love others; first to love the Lord, then to love others how He has loved me. I can't stop thinking about it, and I know it is because He wants me, first, to do it, and, second, to exhort others to do it. The gospel of John, also, goes on to say that the world will know His glory when we (His children) become one. We have to love in order to be one. Love conquers ALL. It breaks down walls and fuses us together as the body. In John 16, the bible talks of childbirth. It says we forget about any anguish or pain the moment we see new life. I believe it's that love for another human being that covers all. We immediately love that child and that love conquers! Love has the power to change everything. It gives you supernatural strength to forgive, endure, suffer, whole being patient and kind all the while. That's His love, all for His glory! And love is not just for our own family, friends, or people we enjoy sharing our love with. It is for ALL. There is no such thing as an unloveable person. That person that challenges you and rubs you the wrong way - love is for them, too. The person who makes you feel awkward and uncomfortable - love them. Listen, when you allow Him to reign in your heart, love is easy. He will do it all for you and , eventually, it will just be who you are. 1 John 3:18 (MSG) My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment