Monday, January 30, 2012

Who or What is Guding You?

'So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives.' These are some pretty simple, yet powerful, words. After all, every word of God is. It's quick, alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit...
Speaking of Spirit... You know His Holy Spirit - the one He sent to us to be our guide and to orchestrate our very lives. The one who saves us from destruction, who doesn't hide anything from us, but reveals to us everything we need for this life. The One who SPEAKS to God on our behalf. WOW. Grab ahold of that. Just meditate a minute...
My husband and I just got back from a wonderful vacation. We came back refreshed, renewed, and even more excited about our future. It wasn't just us - we brought along His Holy Spirit. He came, and we welcomed Him. We made room for Him, and listened for His voice. He helped my husband and I make decisions and grow together as one. He spoke things to us regarding our future, but also led us through each new and current moment. He was louder than any worry or doubt, louder than any uncertainty or question, and louder than any whim or emotion. He was our captain. There were things He spoke very clearly to both of us. He loves to be included. We were in His Word each day as He revealed new things to us, while reminding us of things forgotten. He told us where to go and what to say. He protected us from harm on two occasions (that I know of). He was faithful. He IS faithful - at all times.
We don't want to lead our 'own' lives. We want His leading for our lives. We don't want to be led by our  feelings or emotions - these things are not truth. There is such a peace and a joy in knowing that we are fully surrendered to the Lord. We are completely willing to lay it all down becasue we know that He loves and cares for us and has our lives completely in His hands. There is no place I'd rather be. <3

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. The Holy Spirit brings such comfort to my life. It's liberating to know that He prays on my behalf especially with all of the challenges I've been facing over the past 5 months. I would not be standing if it wasn't for every aspect of who God is, including the Holy Spirit! As soon as my flesh starts to get weary or my emotions try to take over, because I'm doing my part of abiding in Christ, I can definitely feel the Holy Spirit's presence & peace surround my soul! My prayer is that people make the opportunity to know the Holy Spirit. He guides us in to a whole new realm of walking with God! Thank you Shannon!

    ReplyDelete